Dartmouth College is on the National Academy of Inventors’ top 100 list of universities worldwide granted U.S. patents in 2016, marking the fifth consecutive time the College has made the top 100 since the list was launched in 2012.
About Granite Geek
Dave Brooks has written a science/tech column since 1991 - yes, that long - and has written this blog since 2006, keeping an eye on topics of geekish interest in and around New Hampshire, from software to sea level rise, population dynamics to printing (3-D, of course). He moderates monthly Science Cafe NH discussions, beer in hand, and discusses the geek world regularly on New Hampshire Public Radio.
Brooks earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics but got lost on the way to the Ivory Tower and ended up in a newsroom. He has reported for newspapers from Tennessee to New England. Rummage through his bag of awards you'll find oddities like three Best Blog prizes from the New Hampshire Press Association and a Writer of the Year award from the N.H. Farm and Forest Bureau, of all places. He joined the Concord Monitor in 2015.
- If Lyme disease designed a mammal to spread itself around, it would design the white-footed mouse
- The ‘baby bust’ is going to be a disaster. It’s our only hope
- You know what NH Speedway needs to fill its NASCAR gap? Electric car racing!
- They’re going to test a moth that eats an invasive weed I hate, hate, hate
- NH bitcoin machines to shut July 31 (for a bit) because of a complex dispute over forking