I’ve changed the name and am waiting for investors to give me millions of dollars. I’ll take bitcoin.
About Granite Geek
Dave Brooks has written a science/tech column since 1991 - yes, that long - and has written this blog since 2006, keeping an eye on topics of geekish interest in and around New Hampshire, from software to sea level rise, population dynamics to printing (3-D, of course). He moderates monthly Science Cafe NH discussions, beer in hand, and discusses the geek world regularly on New Hampshire Public Radio.
Brooks earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics but got lost on the way to the Ivory Tower and ended up in a newsroom. He has reported for newspapers from Tennessee to New England. Rummage through his bag of awards you'll find oddities like three Best Blog prizes from the New Hampshire Press Association and a Writer of the Year award from the N.H. Farm and Forest Bureau, of all places. He joined the Concord Monitor in 2015.
- Regenerative medicine will be an NH strength only if it’s not a strength just for NH
- IRS says home batteries can get the solar tax break
- Ski area opening day in March – in the Northern Hemisphere?!?
- Eagles are getting so common in NH they are rubbing elbows
- Worsening weather that *isn’t* due to climate change: Solar radiation in space is growing