What else can I say? Apparently it was defending the chicks in its nest, according to the story in the Bangor Daily News.
About Granite Geek
Dave Brooks has written a science/tech column since 1991 – yes, that long – and has written this blog since 2006, keeping an eye on topics of geekish interest in and around New Hampshire, from software to sea level rise, population dynamics to printing (3-D, of course). He moderates monthly Science Cafe NH discussions, beer in hand, and discusses the geek world regularly on WGIR-AM radio..
Brooks earned a bachelor’s degree in mathematics but got lost on the way to the Ivory Tower and ended up in a newsroom. He has reported for newspapers from Tennessee to New England. Rummage through his bag of awards you’ll find oddities like three Best Blog prizes from the New Hampshire Press Association and a Writer of the Year award from the N.H. Farm and Forest Bureau, of all places. He joined the Concord Monitor in 2015.
- Coal-fired power plant fails, for the first time, to win in regional power auction
- There are so many bears now that hunting rules are changing
- How do they forecast avalanche danger? All snow looks the same to me
- N.H. patents through March 19
- N.H. battery storage program worked – can we please have some more?